I'm not really much of a cola man but there's a soda that's always been a treat to me: Black Cherry Wishniak. With quarts of orange soda and of ginger ale, it was one of the flavors in the twelve-bottle wooden crate that was occasionally delivered to our house when I was a boy, or that could be picked up from the beer distributor. Frank's was the brand then, and sweetened with cane sugar instead of the now-ubiquitous high fructose corn syrup.
Well, I discovered on my way home last evening that Canada Dry now makes a Black Cherry Wishniak and I bought some. I'm looking forward to a frosty glass. Really. But the bottlers want to make it clear that it's a hardy -- perhaps foolhardy -- soul that will run the risks that are entailed.
Beside an exclamation point in a universal sign triangle is the word WARNING in bold-faced caps. And below is the legend: "Contents under pressure. Cap may blow off causing eye or other serious injury. Point away from face and people, especially while opening."
I won't be deterred. Some treats are worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment