Monday, May 12, 2003

The Hokie Pundit is one of several folk who've let me know of their inability to connect to this blog despite frequent attempts. Davey can't get here. Nor can TS O'Rama. Nor Maureen McHugh. Nor Xavier Basora. And blogs4God had to exercise a good bit of ingenuity to maintain a link. It's the +, of course, which I'd intended as a sign of my recognition of our utter dependence on the Cross of Christ. But I should have realized the problem of syntax that I was creating for some systems, and found another way of publicly bending the knee.



But good news today. The road from Blacksburg has been cleared and Hokie Pundit managed the trip. And at a good time too. Robert's leading a group from Virginia Tech on a mission trip to Chester, an old industrial city on the Delaware River in Pennsylvania. They'll be spending the week in ministry and welcome presence at the Frederick Douglass Christian School, where Andrew Lee is on the faculty.



I wrote about Frederick Douglass most recently a few weeks ago, with an excerpt from one of his most powerful addresses. William Luse expressed the hope then that Douglass might figure more prominently in the imagination of the young. This remarkable Chester school, in complement to its Christian ministry and academic mission, seems to have the same idea.



Please pray for rich blessings on the Virginia Tech mission trip, and in the lives of the children they'll be helping, and learning from.



No comments:

Post a Comment