Friday, June 28, 2002

Kairos is back, and very welcome. Good points about dehydration, physical and spiritual. And as he writes: We must pray, every day. It's as important to our spiritual health as drinking water is to our physical.



I'd add that a necessary part of our prayer, and for the same reason, is an examination of conscience, a confession of our sin and rebellion, and a plea for the grace of repentant tears. Remembering David in Psalm 32: 3-5.



As long as I kept silent, my bones wasted away; I groaned all the day.

For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength withered as in dry summer heat.

Then I declared my sin to you; my guilt I did not hide. I said, "I confess my faults to the LORD," and you took away the guilt of my sin.




How Blest Is He Whose Trespass



No comments:

Post a Comment